Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 20th-Last day of Spring Break


Today was the last day of Spring Break (and the first day of Spring!), and to feel like we really took advantage of Reid's time out of school, I wanted to squeeze in one last "outdoor" day. So, although it was windy, chilly and overcast, we headed out to the park to meet Aunt Kristy and feed the ducks and have a picnic lunch. I remember feeding the ducks at Guth Park when I was younger--we'd stop by the day-old bakery and pick up a loaf of bread and then head out to the park and have at it. So not only was I kinda wanting to do it again, but I knew Reid and Blair would have fun with it too. When we got to the park, the ducks and geese knew something was up right away because they immediately came towards us. But when we didn't produce any bread, they gradually wandered off. However, when we went down by the water and pulled out the bag of loot, you should have seen them all coming! It was hysterical--a whole swarm (or uh, gander?) of ducks and geese came waddling our way! They made so many sounds-honking and quacking of course, but hissing and squeaking and everything in between. Blair kept telling me "Ducky want more!" They loved the bread, even stealing it right out of the kids' hands when they were looking the other way. Reid told me he got bit! Guess that happens when you're short. And even little Sloane enjoyed seeing and hearing all the action. After feeding them all our bread, we had a windy picnic and played a little, just in time to get back home for naps. It was a great day!













And to make it even better, Jeremy and I had a sitter for the night and got to go to a basketball game and late movie! We saw "I Love You, Man" and it was really cute. Very funny. It was a good day all the way around!

1 comment:

JMK said...

Yeah for date nights! We love those! Looks like a great day at the park.