Ok, so bowling wasn’t actually on our list of things to do this summer. But the kids earned a free game through the library's summer reading program so we decided to cash in on it. Any free activity I can get my hands on, I’m using! This game of bowling, though, was not at your typical beer and pizza type of bowling alley. No, this bowling alley is actually a bowling alley and lounge. Fancy! It’s downtown, and it’s kind of trendy…urban…swanky…what’s the word I’m looking for? I don’t know—obviously that tells you it’s not the kind of place a family of 6 usually frequents. Or at least not THIS family of 6. When you walk in, you are greeted by a hostess at a hostess stand. She walks you to one of only 10 lanes where you wait for your server to take your name and shoe size so she can set up the game and bring you your shoes. Then she comes back to take your lunch and drink order. Well it’s practically impossible to feed 4 little ones when you’re not at a proper table with chairs and a highchair so we just bowled and saved lunch for home! These photos were taken on my phone, so they’re not all great, but you get the idea.
Reid’s excited to see his score after letting loose of the the ball. He’s a pretty good little bowler. He’ll tell you it’s because of Wii bowling.
Before we discovered the ramp-thing, it took so long for Blair’s roll to make it all the way down the lane that she just sat down to watch and wait. She is ecstatic that she hit a pin. Yes, I said a pin. (I was trying to get a picture of her socks—brown, turquoise, and purple zigzag stripes, pulled all the way up to her knees!)
Sloane could barely carry the ball, but with the help of the ramp-thing, she was able to knock out some pins!
After bowling, we stopped at the water fountain in the plaza just outside. I think the kids actually liked it better than the bowling!
I could not keep Blair and Sloane from climbing through the railing and trying to touch it. I don’t know how Sloane didn’t fall in!
“I command you, ‘Rise before me!’”
Elise wasn’t sure about the water spray at first.
But then thoroughly enjoyed it.
2 comments:
I'm so glad no one drowned that day! Your adventures always look so fun! I recognize the dress -- so cute!!!
That was a fun outing. It's fun to hear about all the things you seem to find to do free. That makes it even more fun!!! It is amazing how many "free" fun things are out there to do. Mom
Post a Comment