Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Does anyone else think of Finding Nemo when they hear those words? Maybe it’s just me. Anyhow, it was finally the first day of school for Sloane and Elise this week. They go to the Children’s Day Out program at our church. Sloane is in the 3-year old class and Elise is in the 1-year old class. And something new this year: I am teaching! My schedule opened up and they needed teachers, so I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve substituted in the 2-year old class in the past, and all my kids have been through this class, so I am familiar with it and with the whole program, but of course, it’s different when you’re in charge. My co-teacher is a good friend of mine; we created a curriculum and schedule that we like (or at least, we think we like it) so we’ll see how it goes! The first day was crazy and chaotic, but the second day went much smoother. Still a few kinks to work out, but I think it’s going to be a great year.

IMG_3549

 

IMG_3552

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, Elise appears to have grown up over night!!! Can't believe she is a little school girl...a really cute school girl!!! Perfect picture of Sloan with the light-saber...tho don't think she needs more "may the force be with you" power.ha! Good luck with teaching, know you will be good at it. Have fun in school everyone. Love to all, Mom and Dad

JMK said...

Your kids are just so cute! I cannot believe that is Elise. I thought it was Sloane before I scrolled down but was curious where the crazy curls were. Elise is so grown up now and my goodness Sloane is adorable and so grown up too --I'm pretty sure Caroline looks like a 2 year old next to her :). Your very blessed with your 4 beautiful children. They are growing so quickly. It's gonna get so easy you'll be ready for more. ha ha ha. Glad to hear your enjoy the teaching. Sounds fun and rewarding too!!

Lisa said...

God bless you for teaching two-year olds! :) I know you'll be great at it. And by the way, you're kids are adorable!