Go ahead, you can say it...I'm just SO clever with these titles, aren't I? It's just a natural gift, I guess. :) Ahem. ...Well let me get to what this post is really about...The 'Wears'

Blair has been obsessed with "flop flips" lately, otherwise known as flip flops to you and me. She's been asking for flop flips for quite some time, but it was always too cold to wear them so I told her she had to wait. Then one day a few weeks ago, she saw some at Payless at the mall, put them on, and immediately started frolicking about the store. She was leaping and jumping and running from the excitment of wearing flop flips. But, not wanting to create an environment of buying things on her demand, I told her we needed to wait. She often asked to go back to the mall to buy some, and I kept telling her "next week". Well, "next week" finally came, and her requests were getting more and more frequent. Finally, on the day where she asked about them right before taking a nap and then first thing upon waking from her nap, I figured I couldn't hold her off any longer. But first, to be clear on which ones she wanted, I pulled up 2 websites with flop flips her size, both equally cute, and asked her which ones she wanted. Right away, she recognized the ones she saw at the mall, and insisted on those. (I don't know why I always underestimate her little mind and what she is able to comprehend and grasp, but she proves me wrong every time.) So, I pulled out a ten-dollar bill, which she immediately put in her bag that she was taking shopping with her, and off we went. We had to go to two Payless stores to get her size but we finally found them. As soon as she put them on and confirmed they fit, she pulled that $10 out and ran and gave it to the lady at the counter and started heading out the store. She was done and happy! From that moment, she was sure to show everyone she came across, stranger or not, her "own flop flips" ('own shlop shlips'). She wore them to school the next day, showing everyone, and has not taken them off since (nevermind the fact that the part between her toes is rubbing her toe crease red and I won't be surprised if it starts bleeding soon). She puts them on her night stand every night before bed, and even had them on when she showed up in my room for potty-assistance at 3am last night! And it wouldn't be Blair if her toenails weren't painted up in matching pink.
The Hairs
Tuesday was Silly Hat Day at Blair's school, and in true Blair fashion, this is what she chose as her silly hat for the day.

And second part of "The Hairs"...she got a hair cut on Monday (after the flop flip extravaganza), and I must say it looks so cute.
Almost as cute as the time I cut it myself and inadvertently and accidentally gave her a really cute and stylin' do, which she received so many compliments on, but not quite. But I don't trust myself to make that lucky mistake again, so I leave it to the professionals from now on.
3 comments:
Her haircut is adorable! I love the flop-flip story. I guess this is what I have to look forward to with a little girl?!
She is sooooooooo cute. I wish she and Julia could play together. Oh, the princesses they would be! I LOVE her new haircut. I can't wait to cut Julia's short this summer. She looks more and more like you and your sisters but has Jeremy's eye shape. Cute kiddos!!
very cute hair!! I love it! that is really cute about the flip flops!
Post a Comment