Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Following in Big Brother's Footsteps


The similarities between Reid and Sloane are so many, it's almost scary. (scary to think of how Sloane might act when she gets older!) :) In her younger baby days, she resembled Reid's baby pictures so much, I was worried I was going to have to write their names on the backs of all the baby pictures so I wouldn't get them confused 20 years from now. Even still, people continually comment on how much she looks like her brother. She's been a big baby, weight-wise, like Reid. Grew out of the infant car seat and moved into a toddler car seat around the same time as Reid. Sprouted her first teeth early like Reid. Even seems to have a hair fetish, like Reid did (which he has since outgrown, in case you were wondering). Well, we have one more thing to add to the list...ear infections. Reid had so many ear infections, we finally had tubes put in around his first birthday. Today, Sloane was taken to the doctor for yet another ear infection. This is her 4th in 4 months! The doctor said if she gets one more in the next 4-6 weeks, then she'll refer us to an ENT doctor to talk about tubes. But if we can get this one cleared up and get into the summer months without another infection, then we'll be in the clear. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Why does Sloane always look so tan? She looks darker than the other 2. Maybe she's one of those lucky people that isn't pasty white! Lucky girl.

JMK said...

Your kids are adorable!! I will be praying that Sloane's ears stay clear!

Sarah said...

So, you've got your boy, your diva who plays baseball, and your "tomboy" - you are all set!