Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Costumes--HELP!

Hello everyone...all 3 of my faithful readers :)

Get your creative minds thinking because I need your help! I am looking for ideas for Sloane's Halloween costume! Blair has finally decided to be Belle, which we'll buy. Reid changes his mind about 10 times daily, so his costume hasn't been decided yet and therefore hasn't been decided if we'll make or buy it. His latest idea today is to be a Bakugan. I'm trying to figure out how in the world I would make that. But anyway, I need an idea for Sloane and that's where yall come in! Please give me any ideas you have!

The only criteria is:

-it has to be original (so there won't be 100 other kids in the same costume, or if not necessarily original, a way for me to make it different than everyone else's)

-it can't be something that she will want to choose for herself when she gets older (which crosses off princesses, butterflies, ballerinas, etc--while she's still young and opinion-less, I like to do something I choose; she can choose when she gets older)

So anyway, I know someone has seen or heard of something cute that I can make for her this year. Oh, and as extra incentive, the winner will receive a free autographed picture of Sloane in her costume! Yes, you know you want it. So start thinking and send them this way!

4 comments:

JMK said...

My only idea is have you tried the Family Fun website? I will brainstorm for you but no ideas at the moment. Oh wait, just got one. Since Blair is Belle, Sloane could be one of those talking characters from Beauty and Beast like tea pot or candle stick etc, etc!! Let me know if I win the competition. :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to the turtle or owl? You could also add some stuff (tights, leotard, mask) to her cape and make her a super hero (Super Sloanie!). I also really like Jill's idea above (the talking candlestick would be hilarious and easy to make!)

Amy

Berd said...

I did ponder the candlestick...it would be easy to make, like you said. I haven't completely ruled it out yet. I decided against the turtle because I thought it would cuter if she were a crawler (then the turtle could actually crawl), and I like the owl, but i couldn't figure out how to make it easily and make it cute and an obvious owl (since I'm not using an actual pattern). Plus, she won't wear anything on her head or face, so the tell-tell part of the costume has to be in the body (so no cute glasses or masks for the owl). Super Sloane is a good idea--it may be my only option if I procrastinate too much longer!

Unknown said...

The talking characters or even super Sloanie is a good idea and should be pretty easy to make since Halloween is less than a week away! lol