Friday, May 9, 2014

More First Communion--"Back in the Day"

As soon as Blair's class started talking about First Communion in earnest, she was ready to start shopping. Wanted to go get the dress, shoes, veil, gloves, purse, jewelry--that's my little shopper for you--that weekend. Well, we didn't. (And also, we stopped at dress, shoes, and veil.) She originally wanted to wear my veil, which I thought was pretty neat, but we noticed that it has aged a bit and the white didn't match the white dresses we were looking at. So instead of wearing it for the ceremony, we put it on her for a few pictures.

Grandma, forever will be a photographer's assistant
 
Elise looked so proud to be taking a picture with her pretty big sister. She had her arm around her and everything. And for once, it wasn't to pull her hair or yank the headpiece or hit her on the back with a closed fist. Aw, sibling love. 
 
So here's the original veil.


Here was its debut. May 5, 1985.
 

And for grins:
Would you get a look at my mom!? The cutest girl ever. I love that dress. I'm sure my grandma probably made it. I wonder whatever happened to her ensemble...


 


1 comment:

JMK said...

I had no idea you'd updated your blog! I'm excited to "catch up". Reid definitely takes after you after seeing your First Communion photo. How cute!