Reid's tooth finally fell out today! When he got in the car after school, I noticed the gaping hole in his mouth and excitedly jumped out and ran to his door to check it out up close. He told me all about it. He said it fell out at lunch, when it got stuck in his pb&j sandwich [that image made me laugh] but that he took it out of his sandwich and put it in his chips bowl.
"Well let me see it!" I eagerly said. So he pulled out his cheetos bowl, grabbed the tooth and handed it to me. I had a nose-scrunched "EWWW!" look on my face because it was encrusted with something food-like, to which he replied, very matter-of-factly, "Oh, that's peanut butter." Okay...good to know.
Well, the tooth looked a little odd-shaped so I was turning it upside down and all around, trying to figure out exactly which side was up and which side was down. He took it from me, scraping the peanut butter off, and I said, a little unsure, "Um, are you sure that's not a peanut?" Examining it closer, he gave it a little pinch with his thumb. A small piece cracked off. Oops. "Oh... Yeah, it's a peanut."
So where's the tooth? No idea. But the peanut is now under his pillow, patiently waiting for the Tooth Fairy.
4 comments:
that is great! Congrats to Reid! Of course, that is really funny about losing the tooth and replacing it with a peanut!
So did the tooth fairy come???! That's hilarious that he brought home the peanut instead. Maybe you should switch to creamy peanut butter! :) I'm assuming the tooth didn't bleed and it wasn't traumatic?
He brought home a peanut as his tooth...that is so funny. He'll be telling that story when he's grown.
Oh my goodness, what a great story! So, basically he ate the tooth and saved the peanut? I wish you were here to laugh w/ me :) He cracks me up. Aren't you glad you have this blog to save this story for later.
Post a Comment