Sorry, couldn't resist...the term Sponge Balls makes me think of a certain Saturday Night Live skit. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If not, email me and I'll send you a link to it!) :)
Anyway, here are the directions for Schponge Balls:
(or click here for the directions in Family Fun magazine)
--3 regular rectangular kitchen sponges (had to get them from the dollar store--walmart doesn't carry regular old sponges, just 'fancy' ones)
--scissors
--twine/string
1. With each sponge fresh out of the package and still slightly damp, cut each sponge lengthwise into 5 strips.
2. Stack the sponge strips into 3 layers of 5 (5 strips on the bottom, 5 strips in the middle layer, then 5 strips on the top layer).
3. Tie a piece of twine very tightly around the middle of your stack and knot it. The strips will fan out like a starburst!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we had another crafty project the same day! I made bows! Not bad for my first effort, I guess. It was fun and now I get to go find more cute ribbon!


A special thanks to my fabulous models for showing off these fine creations! :)
3 comments:
those are very impressive crafts! We will have to try the sponge one!
I'm going to have to stop reading your blog if you keep up these cute projects and fun activities! I'm feeling like a loser!! ha ha, great ideas. Maybe this weekend I'll hit the dollar store for supplies.
What in the hell are you on? and how much does it go for?
Post a Comment