Monday, July 27, 2009

Water Day, Fire Fun, and Trains

Saturday was a busy day! Jeremy was out of town, and I was really tired of being indoors, so we needed things to keep us busy. We started with Splash Day up at our church. It was a morning of water fun for the kids to run around, burn off some energy and play together. We had kiddie pools, a sprinkler, water guns, bubbles, sponge balls (I'll explain those later), buckets, as well as the regular playground equipment. (Watch out when you get water on that slide! Wish I had gotten a picture of that-the kids were rocketed off the end of the slide about 3 feet!)
The kids played

and played! (Reid's the one being drenched!)

Check out this bikini babe!


After midday naps, I made the mistake of asking, "What should we do this afternoon?" Reid piped up right away, "Let's go to the fire station!" You see, all summer, Reid's been begging to visit a fire station. Every day, he's asked. I've kinda wanted to take them, but at the same time, I didn't want to bother the firemen, get in their way, and have my rambunctious kids running around and touching every tool within reach. Well, that afternoon, I just decided to go. I called them up and they said come whenever you want. So off we went. The kids were about as I expected--so excited with everything there was to see and not wanting to stand still and listen as the firemen explained parts of the truck to us. So they ran from here to there while I wrangled them back every few minutes. Reid's main mission was to find the firepole, but to his disappointment, there wasn't one. (They're starting to build fire houses without poles because too many people were getting hurt, in case you were wondering.) But I enjoyed the visit, so at least one of us was attentive! I only have one picture from the fire station because I felt like a dork taking pictures.

Then after the fire station, we still had time to fill before dinner, so we made one more stop to play on the train at a local train-themed dentist office for kids. Outside the office, they have a train that you can climb on and play around.

It has realistic train sounds, a bell to pull, and knobs to turn, and the kids absolutely love it.


I actually think it's pretty neat too. So that has become our new favorite place to kill time! We don't use them for dentist appointments, but we do like the train!

1 comment:

JMK said...

Wow, don't I feel like a lame mom! What a fun Saturday and with daddy out of town too! We are visiting the Fire Station on Wednesday!!