Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Christmas Catch-up--Christmas Eve Snow
A little Christmas catch-up, mainly for me, since I'm sure no one else is interested in Christmas stuff 4 months after the fact. :)
It started off with snow. It started snowing Christmas Eve morning. It was light, but blowing pretty hard. Of course, the kids wanted to go play in it right away. I knew it would be miserable out there and had no interest going out there myself, but I bundled them up and out they went. (I came across Sloane's and Blair's snow suits at Goodwill for $1.50 each. Who doesn't love a great bargain like that!)
Sloane was out there all of about 2 seconds and she decided she wanted to come back in. Fifteen minutes to get her dressed, 10 seconds outside. She didn't care for the blowing snow. She didn't even want to get off the porch and she kept her head buried in my shoulder the whole time!
When it was all said and done, we ended up with 14 inches! A new record for our city!! And it was determined to be an actual blizzard! Crazy! People were stranded overnight--on CHRISTMAS EVE--at the malls, on the highways. It was a mess in the city. Our good friend (who lives behind us) got stuck at work due to the weather and a 50-car pile-up that was blocking the interstate so Jer walked over to his house to bring his dog to stay with us for the night. So we had an extra house guest to celebrate Christmas with! :) This is looking out our front door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow that is tons of snow! How perfect for the Christmas spirit. I've personally never witnessed 14 inches of snow and I live in CO. Way to go on the bargains, Miss bargain shopper.
Post a Comment