When Christmas morning rolled around, I was expecting the kids to do the normal kid-on-Christmas-morning thing and wake up super early, run into the living room to see what Santa brought, forcing everyone else in the house to get up. But, luckily for me and the other Christmas elf, who were both up late wrapping our gifts for the kids, my kids aren't normal! Reid woke up first and came to crawl into bed with us. He did eventually ask if Santa came, but I happen to say something at the same time he did. So I said, "What?" and he just said, "Can I watch cartoons?" Sure thing, kid--it let us sleep a little more! About 15 minutes later, Blair came in and crawled into bed too, never uttering a word about what could be waiting for them in the living room! She finally wised up and asked if Santa came, but I said, "I don't know, did you ever go to sleep?" She didn't answer and just laid there watching cartoons. What an unenthusiastic group of children! It wasn't until the brood of dogs escaped from our bedroom, eager for some breakfast, that the kids followed and finally saw the goods left under the tree. Reid tore open his transforming remote control car first, Blair changed into her new barbie dress, shoes and necklace immediately, and Sloane was excited to see a ball, this toddler's favorite toy. Jeremy was treated to an old, worn out pair of Patriots slippers thanks to his new ones being held up with UPS, and I got America's hottest As Seen On TV item, a Snuggie! And you can see from my photos below that the Snuggie truly does work in any situation one may encounter. :)
A few photos from the morning...
Couldn't even wait for the lights to get turned on!
Blair was super excited to unwrap this Shrek baby that she saw at the store a couple days earlier (and yes, already wearing her new barbie dress).
At one point, Reid opened a present and excitedly said, "I'm thankful for this, and I don't even know what it is!"
Sloane's trying to get IN her new car, ala Ginormica from Monsters vs. Aliens.
Early in the unwrapping frenzy, Reid said, "I didn't even get that building thing that I saw at the store, but I don't care because I'm still happy!" Well, here he is a few gifts later discovering that he DID get the "building thing" (an Erector Set) he saw at the store.
As usual, who needs these newfangled toys when you have a new box?
Playing "Mama" to her new baby.
Whether cheering for your favorite team...
getting some work done...

4 comments:
You are too funny in your snuggly. I enjoyed all the Christmas catch-up. What great memories. The series of pictures after the nose punch is too funny. The amount of snow you got is crazy, it's up to your house windows.
...and a Merry Christmas was had by all!!! Great pics, enjoyed your Christmas morning. Thanks for blogging this. Love y'all, Mom and Dad
They look like it was a successful Christmas! Just think how much more fun and chaotic it'll be next year with a 4th??! :)
Wow Christmas in May, what a treat! I guess then it would be okay for me to post lost footage from last Thanksgiving.
Anyhow, thanks for your comments. I had checked out your blog before but hesitated to comment for fear you wouldn't know who it was. Your kids have great names by the way!
Post a Comment