
So the church Fall Festival is behind us and we're ready for the big night. The big game. Showtime! It feels so good to actually have all the costumes put together and to not be running around the afternoon of Halloween, like a headless chicken, trying to make final arrangements. And what a relief it will be to not have a huge creative mess waiting for me after a busy night of trick or treating. Wait...what'd you say? Jeremy really does want to dress up after all but he still needs a costume? And Blair is changing costume ideas yet again? And how much time do I have to crank this out, get everyone fed, dressed and out the door? A mere two hours? Yep. That’s how we roll at our house... All kidding aside though, I was super excited that Jeremy was letting me make something for him so he could dress up. The kids really wanted him to, and I know he secretly likes it, although he won't be too loud in admitting it. And, well, Blair finally settled on my old Minnie Mouse costume, so how could I say no to that? And it's not that any of these things are difficult to make; they're just difficult when you're pressed for time and trying to do 20 other things at the same time. In the end, the incessant “Mama! Mama! HEY!” for snacks, cartoons and potty assistance, and my “That’s it, I quit!” proved to be worth it. We had a fun-filled night of trick or treating with friends and everyone was happy with their costume.
 |
Unbeknownst to us, Elise had a "really bad bacterial infection"
(per the dr the following day) so she was not up for a good time.
She was carried the whole night. I tried to put her down at the last house so
at least I could say she T-O-T but she cried even for that.
She did get to eat a sucker though--it was the only thing to keep
her quiet and some! |
|
|
| We scrambled to make the ears at the last minute. |
 |
| We liked the spooky houses. |
 |
| And there were plenty of them in this neighborhood. |
 |
| Couldn't run from house to house fast enough. |
|
|
| The Three Musketeers--we T-O-T with them every year. |
|
|
| The Three Musketeerettes holding hands down the sidewalk. |
|
|
| I bet you didn't gnome he would dress like this. |
|
|
| Rainbow's little legs couldn't quite keep up with the big kids. |
|
|
| The biggest little people you've ever seen. |
|
|
Forget what I said about not having a huge creative mess
to clean up after a busy night of T-O-T... |
2 comments:
Fun, fun, fun!!! We know it's crazy at the time but it is definitely worth it in the end. We certainly enjoyed it. Thanks for going the extra mile taking the pictures and posting it all to share with us. Love you, Mom and Dad
I love your mess!! It means you're a great mom who cares more about fun than cleaning!! I need to make more messes:).
Post a Comment