Ahh, the smell of Halloween. There’s nothing like cutting open that pumpkin and smelling that, um…pumpkin smell…
As always, each of the kids got to gut, design and carve their own pumpkin, with a little help from mom and dad.
Sloane drew her usual smiley face.
So cute.
Blair used hers as a canvas and covered it in art.
I think there are a couple dogs on there, a few different faces, and even some words.
Reid had to make his just perfect.
It could almost be confused with a fake one from a craft store!
Ooh, spooky!
And Reid carved a tiny little one—we’ll just call that one Elise’s.
And Blair would not let us stop until we roasted pumpkin seeds. We did salted ones and cinnamon and sugar ones. I thought they were disgusting—they don’t really break apart when you chew them, which I’m quite certain has to do with me having no idea how to make them—but she loved them!
3 comments:
Traditions are so fun. Memories are treasures. We love to see the individual creativity of each child. Keep up the traditions and memories. Grandma and Grandpa
Pumpkin seeds are still in my fridge. Todd really wanted me to cook some. They are going in the trash today. I'm not very full of Halloween spirit most years! Shame on me.
Our seeds are still in the fridge! oops! Headed to trash cash today.
Post a Comment