Last week was Red Ribbon Week at the kids’ school, so the theme of the week was Say No to Drugs. Each day highlighted the message with a fun dress-up activity.
Monday: Pajama Day “Don’t let drugs destroy your dreams.”
Tuesday: Hippie Day “There’s nothing peaceful about drugs.”
Blair almost didn’t dress up because she was so worried about “looking silly.” Her outfit ended up being her normal clothes that she wears all the time, with the hippie addition of a flower in her hair. So I guess she “looks silly” every day? Silly girl.
Wednesday: Silly Hat Day “Put a lid on drugs”
Thursday: Nerd Day “Be smart, don’t start”
(Blair didn’t want to “look silly” so she didn’t dress up.)
Sloane and Elise had their Halloween parties at school on Thursday, so they got to dress up too. Elise’s unicorn costume was sent to us by my good friend Jill (thanks again!). She looked so cute in it, so I was happy that she didn’t try taking the hood off, although she did have a little trouble walking in it since the head was top-heavy. :) Sloane dressed as Sloane—which means she wore exactly what SHE wanted to wear…yellow and blue dress, black pants, pink shoes, and a green striped sweater.
Friday: Crazy Clothes Day “Don’t be crazy, don’t do drugs.”
Reid received this shirt for Christmas last year. I thought it was cute and thought he would like it, but he refused to wear it, saying it was too crazy. So I pulled it out for Crazy Day this year. After school, I asked if his shirt was really all that crazy, and he finally admitted it was not. (aha, I won!) Blair, as you can guess, didn’t want to look too crazy so she wore this dress. When I asked her why she didn’t dress crazy, she replied, “Hel-looo, I’m wearing a polk-a-dot dress with pajama pants and brown shoes and there’s no brown in my dress. That is crazy!” Well, excuuuse me!
Monday: Halloween Costumes “Don’t let drugs disguise you.”
Blair was originally going to be Minnie Mouse or Wonder Woman for school, but after the Halloween Festival at our church, to which she wore Cinderella at the last minute, she decided to wear the same dress to school too.
Oh, and to back track a few days, their Fall Program at school was 80s theme so we had to come up with 80s outfits for them. This outfit, accompanied with a side ponytail, is the most Blair would wear because, and I hate to sound like a broken record, she didn’t want to look too crazy. (Funny how she is so concerned with looking silly or crazy, yet there are some days where she doesn’t match a bit, and when I try to tell her she looks silly, she refuses to believe me.) Reid wore Jeremy’s Hammer pants from his high school days. Yes… I’m sad to say my husband actually wore those things out of the house! In fact, at one point in the evening, Reid said, “I found this paper in the pocket” and handed it to us. It was a movie ticket stub from a showing of Misery in 1990! Talk about a blast from the past.
2 comments:
A fun week with important messages. We like the costumes. Grandma and Grandpa
Such fun pictures!!
Post a Comment