Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Horse Barn Open House

A nearby Clydesdale Ranch is having an open house. There are bouncy houses to bounce, ponies to ride, and extreme animals waiting for extreme petting, so let’s get going! 

I’m not positive, but I think I overheard the handler say that this snake is a Boa. Still, imagine my shock when I heard the handler saying things like “tight” and “squeeze” while prying (with what appeared to be a bit of force) the snake from around my son’s neck. Um yeah. No, he wasn’t in immediate danger (to my knowledge anyway—he actually said it felt good, which made me think that maybe I should start massaging his neck more often so he knows he can turn to a human for a neck rub and not a boa constrictor), but she said she had to let the snake calm down before any kids could hold it again. Lovely.
IMG_2224

Yes, this is same said snake whispering sweet nothings a mere three inches from my two-year-old’s face. This was before he started preparing Reid for dinner.
IMG_2225

Petting a Bearded Dragon. I believe she said this one shoots poison when it feels threatened. Why doesn’t she just bring a 15-foot alligator next time?? It can’t be any more dangerous than these 2 creatures!
IMG_2231

This is more our style.
IMG_2228

What? You’ve never seen a horse barn with a pet zebra?
IMG_2210IMG_2198

I got to peek in on some quiet moments between the kids and a clydesdale.

Reid's petting.
IMG_2269

Sloane's crawling through the fence, practically rubbing cheeks with him.
IMG_2272

Blair feeding it some leftover hay found in the adjacent pen.
IMG_2274

2 comments:

JMK said...

Great photos! Your kids are so darn cute! Sloane is adorable in the picture w/ the posionous dragon. Geese, I'm glad you all made it out alive. You didn't want to wrap the snake around Elise's neck? LOL. Oh my goodness too funny all the wild animals waiting for you at the horse stables. Did the Zebra get misplaced? Where do you live anyway? ha ha. Love the black and whites! You may need to make some photo frames!

Anonymous said...

Love the horse pics!

Aunt Kristy