Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just the two of us...plus one more

Old post that I’m finally finishing—this is from October 2010.

Last weekend, Jeremy and I had the opportunity to celebrate our 10 year anniversary with a stay at a bed and breakfast. My parents so graciously agreed to watch the kids overnight for us; however, since Elise was not sleeping though the night, nor taking a bottle, she got to make the trip with us. She was a good girl, though—a very happy and unimposing guest.

I’ve been wanting to visit a B&B for a long time, so now that the occasion was upon us, Jeremy left no detail unplanned. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaited us after dinner. Candles lined the rose-petal-sprinkled Jacuzzi tub. I was gifted with a basket of soaps, lotions, and scrubs to create my own mini-spa environment. And following a restful night’s sleep in the antique canopy bed, we were served a delicious breakfast in our room. Oh, and there was a pantry filled with all sorts of food, snacks and drinks, available for whatever hour a snack attack hit you. (I have to admit, my inner child suddenly appears when I see a pantry filled with free snacks. So I had chocolate pudding for breakfast, just because I could.) I am already looking forward to making this a new anniversary tradition. (hint hint, Jer)

Champagne and strawberries
IMG_0216
IMG_0222

Breakfast for two
IMG_0227
and chocolate pudding!
IMG_0230
Elise got to give the tub a whirl—she loved when the jets were on.
IMG_0236

A crisp cool morning out on the wrap-around porch
IMG_0247IMG_0248 (2)

1 comment: