Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Reid!

Reid is now a 7 year old boy. I can't believe it. Seven...no longer close to 5 which is still a "child", but closer to 8 which is a full blown "kid". Yes, I know my thinking doesn't make sense to anyone but me...but I know what I mean. :)  Anyway, we had his party on Saturday. He said he wanted a Transformers party, but since he's already had one of those, I talked him into a robot/Transformers party, which then ended up just being a robot party. Oops. Well, he's always talking and walking and acting like a robot anyway, so I thought it seemed fitting. He showed a little dismay at not having a Transformers cake, but like I said, we've already had one of those. And honestly, how do you make a Transformers cake anyway?? We're creative, and I like to think somewhat decent at cake making and decorating, but a Transformer cake is way beyond our scope. So we went with a robot, which we named Robo-Reid.

Reid is a friend to everyone and likes to share everything with everyone so when it was all said and done, we ended up having 26 kids at our house, from infant to 8 years old! Many were siblings of his friends, so they weren't ALL Reid's friends, but still. That's a lot of kids for one household! But Jer and I thought it went much better than we were expecting. Between the playroom, Reid's and Blair's rooms, and the backyard, everyone had room to spread out and play.

I am usually the cake baker and idea maker, and Jeremy is the decorator. Here's Robo-Reid.

And here's Robo-Reid, complete with cape, sword, shield, and robot chest plate. Odd combination of robot/superhero/knight, I'd say. I could barely get him to stop for this picture and then he raced off to the next thing.

We put trick candles, which also sparked, on the cake. It was a good idea until I heard something that sounded like someone spitting. That was my cue to quickly get them off the cake and extinguish them myself in water. 

Transformers were the big hit this year. He received lots of Transformers, a couple games, and money, which he then used to buy more Transformers.


Not party related, but since I haven't put any current pictures of Elise up here, here's one for now...Princess Elise. I'll try to get more up later.

2 comments:

JMK said...

She is so pretty!!

Reid's cake was adorable. What a fun idea. I'm impressed w/ you and Jeremy as always. I love how the kids then all dressed up in outfits pieced together.

Way to go!!

Unknown said...

Someone spitting? Oh great....sounds like I wouldn't have eaten the cake again this year lol Great cake though again! Y'all seriously need to open up your own business!